Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Another Saturday ....

Good morning.  Another Saturday.  Regular posting time.  But this time I am not sitting in my dining room watching nature out the patio door and drinking my own coffee.  Nope....at a best western in Omaha, drinking hotel coffee (YUCK!) in my jammies waiting for my besties to get here -- JOAN and KEETAH!  Miss them so very much.

It has been a busy, busy week.  But first off I woke up Tuesday morning and got ready for work.  Slid open the bedroom drapes to let the morning light in and this is what I saw.



At first glance I thought the house was on fire behind us.  My heart skipped a beat.  But then realized the sun was coming up very brightly and casting a pinkish red glow in the clouds.  It was very beautiful and then my hubby had to add some extra special effects to it.

Any who......

What an exciting weekend last weekend.  We spent Saturday with the Roberts children - Zach, Hanna, and David.  They have so grown up in the past few years.  Zach is now 15 and way way taller than me. Hanna is 12 and as tall as me and David is 8 (I think?) and so very clever and wise beyond his years.

The day began with me driving to Knoxville and watching Hanna play basketball.  I was late because apparently Knoxville is too big for me.  I got lost for about a half an hour went from the high school (thank you GPS mess up) to the middle schools (which apparently is different than a junior high WHAA???) to the junior high (which is actually the administration building).  Oh well.......a bit late is better than never there.

She is so very talented and has a pretty amazing team.  They have been playing together since they were all little so do very well.  I see the raw talent there that will be honed when they get to High School - WATCH OUT Perry opponents in 4 years!!





Here she is throwing in the ball after a turnover by the other team.








They came in second at the tournament after a tough fought championship game.  They lost by my calculations two points, but the scoreboard said five.  A great group of girls that all welcomed this strange foreigner (me) to their basketball world.


2nd place in the Knoxville tournament


After the tourney, she and I headed back to Ankeny where Curtis and Bailey had already picked up Zach and David.  Since they had a 4 hour head start - Zach and David were already giggled out when we got there.  We all descended on SMASH BURGER.  The two older kids haven't been there before and enjoyed it.  I think they really enjoyed Curtis' "smash" video app on his phone more.

Spent the night playing games and watching movies.  I beat them on all but one game of Dance Party 3.  Not bad for an old chunky lady!  After much fun, we settled in for a little sleep and up and going again the next day.

Sunday went to Jordan Creek -- they had ice cream at Cold Stone and we all met up at Macaroni Grill for an early Birthday supper with friends.  It was so good to see every body.  We miss them all....and hope to be able to spend more time.  They are all in the midst of many different sports schedules, but will try to fit some time in there before they all grow up and go away.

Quinn, Hanna and Curtis at Macaroni's

I had Monday off for Martin Luther King Day so spent it catching up on school work that I missed the previous week.  It was good to spend that time getting caught up.  I will have to work hard next week too since I won't get much work done this weekend.

Yesterday went to Wayne, NE for a college visit with Bailey.  She is graduating in May from DMACC and is looking to finish her 4 year degree in Psychology at Wayne State College.  She knew that the visit would be with mostly incoming Freshmen, so was a little worried how it would go.  It is a FOUR hour trip from Ankeny.  So we started early.  I was fearful that the snow was going to stop our visit, but it did not.  We drove out of it pretty quickly.  It is a nice campus that reminds me of BVU in Storm Lake.  They are very energetic, however not so much toward transfer students.  She left very disappointed and back to square one for decision making.  Sorry BOO!

Better go head in to the shower before every one gets here.  I am sure we will find some fun stuff to do but most of the time we are just trying to catch up on everything so spend the time "holed" up in the hotel room.

Til next week -- Everybody stay safe on the snowy roads.  Winter will be gone before we know it.  I will try to have a movie review some time this week.  Watch LOTS for my FILM class.  So will just use those I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment