Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hello Winter Saturday!

BRRRRrrrrr!!!

Looking out the front door
This week old man Winter said - HERE'S JOHNNY (think the scene from the shining with Jack).  We were fortunate enough NOT to get as much snow as some parts of the state, but the wind was ridiculous.  It was howling so loud at one point, the dogs were barking at it -- intruder alert!  Speaking of dogs, they DO NOT want to go outside in it at all.  I tried to explain that they do not have an alternative but I don't think they were understanding.  I KNOW!  Looking at this picture, those of you that got MUCH, MUCH more are calling me names, BUT we haven't had ANYTHING more than about an inch and it melted the same day.  Our temps have been back to "normal" winter again (lows in the single digits) and I need to complain.  So GIVE me that would ya?  TEE HEE!

I just re-read my last post.  I think that I was in a FUNK last week.  Most of the time I am either off like that at work or at home but hardly ever BOTH!  Glad it is better this week.  Work has been busy so it takes my mind off whatever that "funky" road was that I was traveling.

Speaking of traveling, the weather interfered with a work trip (and fun trip combined) and it was cancelled so I didn't get to see my girl Dawn.  SAD ME!  I was so looking forward to hanging out with her and seeing the trailer-hood and drinking a bit of fermented grape juice.  But alas, it will be postponed for a few weeks.  Will just have to doubly do it up!

This last week was my birthday week.  Pretty uneventful.  I never want a big TO-DO because it feels like any other day.  And with starting classes this week, I needed to figure out a routine.  I arrived at my office cube on Tuesday and PARTY IN A BOX!  Co-workers decorated it with banners and hanging bells (left overs I think) and all kinds of wonderfulness.  They have been so very welcoming and I appreciate them all.  I unfortunately didn't take any pictures of it.....dang it!  But I am going to try to get better at things like that.  Then I realized that they do that for everyone's birthday.  Still felt special any way.  Those same co-workers invited me out to dinner for sushi (Ummm....no thanks -- I just ate California rolls - as "sushi" as I am going to get - raw fish in Iowa feels very grizzly bearish) and the place was really good.  We will be going back there.  I want to try a saki bomb!

Posting is short this week.  Prepping the house for the Robert's children.  We are having them over night tonight.  It has been a very long time since we have spent any significant time with them so am looking forward to getting reacquainted.  Games, movies, food and giggles.  I can't wait!

Talk to you next week -- and MID WEEK I promise there will be a movie review post!  I saw Girl With the Dragon Tattoo over the New Year Holiday and I want to talk about it.

Stay snuggled in or enjoy the Winter....but whatever you do......DO IT WITH STYLE and DO IT LOUD!

2 comments:

  1. Sad face for me too ! Hopefully Mother Nature will be kinder to us in Feb. ! Love your Sat morning rants !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.....THANKS Dawn! I love your DAILY (WOW!) decorating ideas! Wish I was half as talented.

    ReplyDelete