Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

17 Day Diet - Day 0

Tomorrow starts Day 1 of the 17 day diet.  I know many people that have been very successful on this diet:  Friends from NW Iowa and a couple people at work.  This diet makes sense.  And the important thing is that this is not just a diet - it is a way of eating that keeps your metabolism going.  A change in how I eat.  The first 17 days are greens, lean proteins (chicken and fish), probiotic yogurts, no fruit after 2:00 pm, green tea and LOTS of water.  Paying attention to portion sizes and following the plan.

To read more about it, check out this website:  17 Day Diet

So my plan is to blog every day about this journey.

Why am I doing this?  Health.  It isn't about shame about my body or wanting to be a twig.  It's about my achy ankles, my tired feet, and the crazy blood tests that I have to have every 6 months because I am teetering on the edge of being diabetic along with high cholesterol.  It is important for me to have a goal of not having to take a handful of pills every morning.  It is time!  I am tired!  Sick and tired!

I look at this as one day at a time.  I am not naive enough to think that I won't have slip ups.  But it is a journey not an event.

So here we go!  I won't write how much I weigh, but I will write about how much I lose and how many sizes I drop in this process.

Let this journey begin.



1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Looking forward to hearing about the progress!

    ReplyDelete