Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Saturday Morning Coffee (and Snicker Salad) pondering....

Good morning!  It is Saturday again.  The sun is coming up over our little forest in the back yard and I ran short of coffee beans this morning so the coffee is a bit weak.....but it is still brown warm liquid with a splash of half and half.  Might have to stop at Starbucks on the way out of town to get my caffeine boost.

I have a couple minutes to write down my random thoughts and/or rants this morning.  And I have three things on my brain -- just three cuz I had too many LONG ISLAND ICED TEAS and WINE last night and needed a bit of ibuprofen this morning.  Rhonda -- YOU ARE OLD -- STOP DOING THAT!

Curtis and I are leaving for a quick get away to Davenport for our anniversary which is next week.  Excited to stay at the refurbished Hotel Blackhawk downtown and then have plans to see a live art show with my friend Nicole.  She is so very talented and does an amazing job painting live models.  It is hard to explain but is incredibly beautiful.  I have already purchased three of her pieces and hope I can get another tonight.  FINGERS CROSSED!

Technology and Christmas Cards:
I am trying to figure out if we send out a formal Christmas Card or an electronic letter. MOST everyone that knows us and would be receiving this card, are also on many of our social networking sites that we inhabit.  However, since we had the big MOVE this year, most people don't know our new mailing address.  So I am leaning toward the USPS - SNAIL MAIL CHRISTMAS CARD.  Whatever I choose, I only have 8 days before Christmas to figure this out.  Where did the time go?

What Makes Me Smile on A Daily Basis:
I love this little flower.  I found it at a gift shop here in DSM.  It is so adorable and it is solar so it doesn't have a battery to be replaced.  I set it under my cubicle florescent and it does this all day long.  ENJOY and I bet you can't help but smile



Display Case with a New Home:
With my ridiculous attempts at decorating, I come up with some random ideas most of the time.  I went on an adventure this week to find something to put inside my front door entryway.  Homemakers here in DSM is my favorite furniture store.  The website really doesn't do it justice, but here it is   http://www.shophomemakers.com/

So I went looking for a sofa table or bench to put there.  Instead, I purchased this display shelf.  Curtis had to put it together and hurt his back in the process (SORRY HONEY BADGER).  But as you can see -- after he lugged it to the place I thought it should go, he had to drag it back across the room and it has now become part of the living room furniture.  I love the clean lines and it matches my 1960's Mad Men style furniture perfectly.  So I need to find some things to put on the shelves.




My dilemma is still what to put in that entry way space.  I am thinking a large floor vase similar to either of these and dark in color.  I will keep looking on Pinterest and at our new consignment decor shop here in Ankeny.  Hopefully I can find something to make that wall pop out.














I think that is it for the week.  Hope you all make it a great one.  My house will be filled with people next weekend.  Can't wait to see my family.  I miss them all.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment