Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Subparts are an important part of who I am

I have subparts.  Not multiples, but parts of me that kick in and take over when some times they shouldn't.  Some of them developed because of the person that I am (and that's okay).  Some of them developed as a survival skill during a very hard time in my life (and that's okay too).  But what happens is that when I don't control their energy, they can take over.

So what do I need to do help contain that energy?  Meditation?  Intimidating.  But I will try.  I have to think about meditation.  What does it look like for each person?  In my head, I am sitting on the floor, legs crossed chanting OOoommm.. But does it really have to be like that?  How about a walk by myself - no headphones, no walking partner, just me.  Or a bike ride.  Or sitting alone in the dark without interruption just breathing.

All I can do is try.  Today - subparts - stay in your corner and only come out when I need you not when you want to.  Got it?

No comments:

Post a Comment