Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 3, 2013

What am I listening too?

Today (tonight really) is the day I get to be enamored once again with Mr. Adam Levine.  I saw him and Maroon 5 a few years ago when they were the headline and Augustana (fell in love with them) and Counting Crows (the real reason my husband went with) opened for them in an outdoor amphitheater in Kansas City.  They were promoting their "It Won't Be Soon Before Long" CD.  They have had three releases since then and I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this new one "Overexposed".  So think of me when I am dancing along with my "t-shirt man".  I am very excited.  It will be worth it to drive in a snow storm on the way home.

And by the way - stay tuned for a review of the P!NK concert.....headed to Chicago next weekend for a P!NK weekend!  Fingers are tingling with anticipation.  And I am blessed to love music and see live music this month of March.


I fortunately had the pleasure to be invited to a house concert with my favorite DSM (Coon Rapids really) musician and his amazingly talented harmonizer (and promoter) Bonita in Audubon on Friday night.  My friend from Kansas City has a sister in Audubon and they were hosting Chad Elliott for a house concert.  They weren't sure what to think about us (Keetah and I) at this venue.  I think the words were "thank you for your enthusiasm".  That is code for "you were too loud".  I have known this amazing song writer for a very long time - longer than I think he would like to admit to anyone.  And I am continually amazed at the body of work that comes out of those guitar strings.  A great story teller and am amazing talent.  Check him out at www.chadelliott.net.




Chad is releasing a new CD called "So Sang the Crow".  His CD release party was last night at The GrapeVine, LLC here in Des Moines.  I was not able to attend.  BOO!  But, I have a copy and am in love with it.  If you have Spotify, you can listen to it there as well.

My favorite song so far is "Oak Tree Grave".  The guitar riff that repeats is mesmerizing and the microphone distortion is hypnotic.  The title track "So Sang the Crow" is a close second.  I am however sure that will change as I listen to it over and over and over again.  I am serious.  I have ALL of his CDs and try to get to as many shows as I can.  THIS CD is his best!  The production quality alone is incredible.  But add in the dulcimer and the other instruments it just explodes with amazing sound and takes you right to the front row of one of his shows.

BRAVO CHAD!  BRAVO!  This will be rocking my cubicle and my little red car for the next few months!

Now.  Here is where I need a favor from you.  There are two things that need to come together.  Planets or star alignment if you will.  Some of you know that I am a little obsessed the with show Sons of Anarchy.  It is my guilty pleasure.  The boys from SAMCRO entertain and shock me most of the time.

Chad has a song that would be perfect for this show called "RAPTURE".  It didn't make the CD, but am confident that it will the next time.  Here it is on YouTube -- Chad Elliott - Rapture.

I am starting a Facebook campaign.  Sons of Anarchy has a Facebook Page.  I am posting this YouTube video of this song every other day to it.  If you are a CHAD fan, help me out!  Post on their Facebook page too.  Hoping that it gets through the minions that take care of the social media for SOA to Kurt Sutter or Katey Sagal.  CROSSING MY FINGERS!

At the very least, please buy his CD.  Go to his website, call the GrapeVine or email or message me and I will hook you up.  And consider him for a house concert.  It is a great way to bring your friends together, share some food and beverage, and listen to an amazing artist!  Oh and invite me cuz, I bring "enthusiasm".

May an old oak tree grow from my grave,
Let everyone know how much I gave.
Think on me beneath the cool, cool shade,
Of an old oak tree grown from my grave.

No comments:

Post a Comment