Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 30, 2013

The amazing, incredible powerhouse that is P!NK

I started this post right when I got back from Chicago and the incomparable P!NK.  I didn't finish it because I didn't think I could put into words the experience from that concert.  And then I found some YouTube videos to help me.  So here we go.......

We started with taking the MegaBus from Des Moines to Iowa City, picked up Kara and then on our way to Chicago.  That sounds all fine and well, but the driver was terrible AND we were TWO hours late getting into Chicago.  TWO HOURS!  So not only do airlines run late apparently the bus system does too.

Any way, Keetah and I navigated downtown to the CTA station and boarded the train to head toward the airport since our hotel was near O'Hare.  A few subway stops later, we found our shuttle and we were tucked into the hotel and decided we needed to eat at the Harry Carey's Steakhouse.


Shared some good food and a couples drinks.  Bartender kicked us out and suggested that we go across the street to another place that stayed open later.  We "squirreled" it across the street (if you don't know what squirreling is it is when individuals that May or may not be drunk run across lanes of traffic without using a crosswalk - TEE HEE) with six lanes of traffic -- YIKES  - and found the place he was talking about.  Stayed there for a little while and headed back to the hotel.

The next day we headed downtown to meet up with the gang, hang out with in-laws, supper and go to the concert.

Enough about me.  What about the concert?

The United Center is HUGE!


We were back a bit from the stage and I realized I forgot my camera when I was on the BUS!  UGH!  So phone would have to do.  It didn't.  Just too far away.  SO I pulled some YouTube videos down and they are closer any way and you get the idea.  :)

The beginning of the show is like a broadway drama.  The theme is "The Truth About Love".  We see a video of P!nk drinking her man troubles away.

SIDEBAR!!!  Speaking of Man troubles.  I noticed right away that there were very few men at this concert.  I think in our nosebleed section there were maybe 3 men.  Lots and Lots of women, but very few men. HUH?

Any who -- then this is the first song!  RAISE YOUR GLASS!!!!!

On my feet already much to the annoyance of the group behind me.  Two things folks:  I AM SHORT!  YOU CAN SEE OVER ME!  And IT'S A FREAKIN' CONCERT!  YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO STAND UP!  GEEZ!

The night kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger.  Lots of acrobats, great vocals, amazing bodies - I mean dancers.  Here are a few more videos.

At this point, this was my favorite performance - I was speechless when it was done - Sober - it starts off a little slow, but keep with it.  :)

Then.....oh my.......then she broke it out OLD SCHOOL!  First CD back in the day (okay that feels weird cause it wasn't THAT long ago, but I believe there were folks in the crowd that had never heard these songs before) YEP!  I was up dancing!  LOVE those first songs!  There you go and more

The most beautiful performance was Glitter in the Air

And the FINALE --So What

All in all this was the most amazing concert I have EVER been to.  It was better than any broadway show that I have ever seen.  And as we were waiting for our crew at our 'meet up' place after the show, I saw two women.  I am going to assume they were mother and daughter and they were both sobbing - overcome with emotion from this incredible performer.

I have been saying since then when people ask me how it was that if I were independently wealthy, I would follow her around the country and the world just to see that performance over and over again.  I know.  I am obsessed.

But what is the one thing that will make my post-P!nk euphoria better?  SHE IS COMING TO DES MOINES.  Tickets go on sale to the general public in 20 minutes as I write this.  I have my fingers crossed that I can get 4 seats pretty close to the stage.  May the ticketmaster, internet ticket purchasing goddesses be in my favor so I can get good seats.  FINGERS CROSSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment