Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday Morning Coffee Ponderings......

Good morning.  Lift your cup of warm liquid this morning for a cheer.  To friends, life and health!  HUZZAH!

Not sure why I needed to do that this morning, it just felt like a cheers kind of moment.

So I woke up this morning, without my alarm (?) and the first thought in my head was my friends Joy Williams and John Paul White from The Civil Wars singing Barton Hollow in my head.  Yeah....I said it......I think of them as friends.  I am not sure that it is a reciprocated friendship however my fingers are crossed.  Okay.....at this point, I just want them to come to the Midwest somewhere........I am once again groupie obsessed with a band and I MUST SEE THEM!!!!

Any way, they were in my head and I had to get up, put breakfast in the oven and listen to their CD again.  If you don't know who I am talking about (and if you read my blog regularly - and I know you do - you are as obsessed as I am) check them out at their website.

I always start these posts out with "how busy I am", "lots going on", "school", blah, blah......decided I am not doing that this morning.  It has been a great week.  Emotional but GREAT!

For the last few months, I have been chairing the organization of our staff retreat.  Each year, the staff of 25 try to do some sort of retreat, bonding, and/or in-service to refresh and rejuvenate.  We had a great day planned of games, prizes, team spirit.  It worked out well and I think every body enjoyed their participation.  Congrats ORANGE team on their win.







Our organizational team was the Pink Party Planners.  We all dressed in costume.  Thanks "Bacon" and "Hugger" for all your support!






This weekend have friends in town to help me finally tackle the decorating portion.  We went to the Japanese Steakhouse and sat at the Hibachi.  This was the first time for some eating sushi.  Was really good and a ton of fun.  Once again I am struggling with picture technology.  So here are pictures from the restaurant last night, but they are all upside down.

Eric being brave with chopsticks and sushi





WHY CAN'T I FIGURE THIS OUT??????




Curtis, Julie and Amanda watching chef














SHRIMP!!!!!!!















Okay -- EGG BAKE is done, coffee is warm, Dawn is awake and I am awaiting Julie.  Begin the shopping day!!!!!

I will have pictures next week of our shopping and decorating adventures.

Have a great week all and see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment