Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Day 1 - Ireland Adventure

Friday, November 23, 2012 -

We are headed here - YEP!  Not exactly HERE, but beginning our Ireland Adventure -- I will attempt to blog EVERY day with pictures and where we visited.




Nervous packing, frantic prep - that describes the day today.  Oh yeah - and furious completion of school work.

Packing - I am trying to pack a weeks worth of clothes into a backpack with all of my toiletries and one pair of shoes.  Being selective about what I take so that I can mix and match all of my items is hard.  Multiple scarves, shirts, pants, OH MY!

School - I am so smart to go on a vacation during the last two weeks of my current school term.  Yep  THAT'S ME!  So I have been frantically working ahead to get all the assignments done.  In the middle of all that, I had to take an algebra assessment - 30 years ago, I knew Algebra - now I don't so much - any who - didn't do well and then had to spend 10 (!!!!) hours doing an assessment.  With Jordan's help, go the last test done and scored a 95!  Pulling all that information from the recesses of my brain was painful, but I did it.

Drove to KC - We are all packed then an early afternoon trip to Kansas City to Wade and Joan Nelson's - our traveling partners - really they are our guides.  They have been to Ireland before and have every thing all planned.  Spent some great time with Erin, Joe and the kids.  Ate a great meal - thanks Erin.  And a couple bottles of wine.

Tomorrow - The Ireland Adventure begins.


No comments:

Post a Comment