Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Day 2 - Kansas City to Dublin via Chicago

Day 2 of this magnificent adventure began at about 9:30 am.  After last minute prep, etc we posed for a picture before heading out the door to breakfast.  




Then it was WAFFLE HOUSE!  Yeah!  Cheese grits!  Hash browns!  I am in heaven.  But I digress (apparently it takes little to impress me) on to the airport. 

We got SPECIAL parking and important person treatment by TSA when we got there thanks to the KCI TSA celebrity - Mr. Wade Nelson - only he has the secret code


And then we rode the bus in from the out-lot to the terminal.





I had to include this one only because it made me laugh...........

After we arrive at the airport, we still have two hours before our flight leaves so that means
BLOODY MARY time.  


The first leg of the flight is in a little baby jet.............I don't like baby jets.



Joannie and I played cards the entire time - she was beating me when thank God it was time to land.

Wade and Joan waiting for our Dublin flight dining on fine sandwiches and chips ( no restaurants in international terminal at O'Hare -- Really?

We are waiting to board our flight and head out to Chicago.  I have not been on a plane this large before.  It was a long eight hour flight - I watched two movies and napped for most of the rest of the flight.  

I want to thank Emily Rosenberg for her flight support socks.......this helped me feet not to swell like watermelons and the plane was pretty amazing so I could stand up straight right outside my seat and it was helpful to stretch and take care of cramping legs. 

Check back tomorrow for our first full day on the ground and Day 3 of our Ireland Adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment