Total Pageviews

Friday, July 27, 2012

Day 5 -Marshalltown to Cedar Rapids

In spite of the weather issues we had Marshalltown was a great stop. Things were sloppy this morning and the sorting of the wet items was heavy. Thank God that Wade, Joan and Erin decided to stay and help move us to the new camp. Wade and Joan took all the wet items to the laundromat while Erin and I staked out a camp.

We found a great camp site and started to set up the new tents and sort all the items to hang up on the clothesline.

After we were all done with that I took Erin to the meeting town - Vinton- so she could meet up with Joe and Miles and finish the day.

Quick return to town and then I was on the shuttle to go downtown to see Chad Elliott and Bonita Crowe perform. You may recall this is the second time I have seen them this week. Lucky Me!

Spent all night down town in the beer garden listening to some great music and waiting for the Counting Crows. It was good to see my Ankeny peeps. Long drive for them but hope Keetah, Kristin and Curtis enjoyed the show.

Once the show started it was difficult to see. I realized why I hate floor seats for a show. Short people have a disadvantage. Listened for about an hour and the got too frustrated with the pushers and shovers and headed back to the campground.

Part of camp was still awake. Couldn't sleep so I decided to try to catch up on some reading. Of course that made it worse. Can't wait for my bed

Till tomorrow when we head out to Anamosa.

No comments:

Post a Comment