Total Pageviews

Monday, July 9, 2012

Inspired to Spray Paint

I am attempting to be crafty this year.  I am working on adding the "jewelry" to my living room.  You may all remember that I have designed the colors around a painting I received from Haiti.


As you can see the colors are vivid and really cool.  

So I had this cream colored cylindrical pot at my Spencer house.  It hasn't found a home yet in the new home because the color doesn't work.  So my blog buddy and repurposer extraordinairre, Dawn Garbes, check her out Making Home Blog by Dawn, does amazing things with spray paint.

So I decided to go for it.

I thought RED, I want it RED! 

I started with setting it up in the grass area - so what if I get paint on the grass, it will grow right?  Well only if we get some much needed rain -- looks like a pasture right now.



So I started the spraying process.  Quickly realized that this is truly an art form because it was hard not to get it too thick or leave it too thin and have to do a second coat.


I think I need to practice.

Here is the first coat of paint.


So the project worked.......but note to self -- don't mow right before painting - had a few clippings blow in to the fresh paint dang it -- but otherwise things turned out.

I am putting the original sticks back in here, but am looking for some bright green ones.  Found some at the Farmer's Market, but they are spendy and I think fresh so not sure they would last.  I will have to watch garage sales and junk stores for something.  
So here it is.


An Ode to my Spray Painting Queen - DAWN!!!!!  

Now to tackle the lawn furniture - OH BOY!111

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it ! The darker the paint the more coats you will need . 2 or 3 LIGHT coats are better than trying to get it the first time. That's what makes runs , thator standing to close.
    Very proud of you my friend . Way to repurpose !
    Oh , another tip, Rustoleum 2X Coverage . The best and really saves time :)

    ReplyDelete