Total Pageviews

Monday, July 23, 2012

Sioux Center - Cherokee - End of Day 2

We began the day drying out from a rainy night. Today's theme "Bug Day". Each day has a theme with a special drink at the end celebrating the end of the day. The team had spiders adorning their helmets and upon arrival enjoyed the "mosquito".

After a quick camp tear down and a group departure (see group picture), the support vehicles headed for Granville.

OMG the amount of people that are on this ride is absolutely amazing. (see pix with riders coming into Granville population - 325)

We found our rest spot. It was 9:30 and Joan assured me that it would be a couple hours so I headed for a sandwich and pie and she took off for the 2nd leg. I stood in line, dodged the bikers to cross a street, and arrived back thinking I would sit, eat, and read. But Wade had another idea - he was waiting for me. I snarffed my sandwich and we headed to Cherokee.

Arrived in Cherokee - sweaty and swampy (we are now calling it swass - swamp ass) to sit up tents and throw all the items off the vehicles, and take a shower.

The support person is in charge of ice and refilling the coolers. So off to Hy-Vee I go. I walked into the store and there were 3 pallets of ice sitting inside the door. By the time I was done and leaving the store, there was a half a pallet left.

As the bikers arrived one or two by one or two, they faired pretty well but pretty exhausted. After a clean up, we headed to the "spagetti" dinner (see Meghan's correction in the pictures). Headed back to the B & B and hung out on their fabulous porch.

Tomorrow we head to Lake View. Another hotter day. Oh boy! Lots of water and not many bathroom stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment